- Front-end specialization with focus on UI/UX concepts utilizing HTML5/CSS3/AJAX, JQuery and graphic design with Adobe Photoshop
- Mobile experience with the Android platform
- Experience with the following databases: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS Access
- Experience with the following ORMs: Fluent nHibernate, Hibernate/JPA, GORM, Entity Framework, Linq to SQL, NetTiers
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, and iReport
- Experience with the following version control software: Git, SVN, TFS, CVS, StarTeam, VSS
- Skilled in writing secure software code utilizing tools such as Fortify, FindBugs, IBM Rational AppScan and TDD
- University knowledge of C++, Java, UNIX operation and scripting, Visual Basic, Pascal, Haskell, Scheme, ML, Prolog, and assembly language
- Customized various e-commerce and CMS platforms (writing plugins and creating templates) including: Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, Mambo, osCommerce, dashCommerce
- Have experience designing and administering databases as well as administering a Red Hat Linux server (which includes Apache, mySQL, PHP, Qmail, Subversion, Bugzilla, and BIND installation and configuration)
- Extensive experience with the hardware of personal computers (PCs) and software experience with both PCs and Macintoshes with strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with various software: Visual Studio (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012), Eclipse/MyEclipse/STS, IntelliJ IDEA, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, FrontPage, and Access), Articulate, Audacity, as well as a variety of other graphics programs, web page editors, FTP and server applications, word processing programs, drafting, spreadsheet applications, e-mail, programming applications, CD recording programs, etc
- Designed, developed and maintain ComputerFeet.com’s front and back end. Also, designed and maintain JenniferSemtner.com
Worked on a team to develop large-scale, custom government applications in C# ASP.Net MVC. Helped launch and maintain a high-volume multimedia site using Grails/mySQL/jQuery/Flex. Maintained old security courses in Flex, authored new courses for Security Assessment Testing and Secure Architecture and Design and updated courses in Articulate Storyline. Architected secure Spring MVC application with Hibernate and JPA. Ran security assessments (application scans and penetration tests). Used VB.Net and Java to remediate applications to modern platforms and repair security vulnerabilities. Applications were originally programmed in VB 6, Java, and FoxPro. Also worked with SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports and iReport to create reports. These projects also used YUI and the Ajax Control Toolkit. Also utilized Fortify and FindBugs for development of secure software.
Worked in PHP and Java/JSP developing dynamic applications interfacing with MySQL databases for Rapido’s clients. Also worked customizing open source applications, like Mambo and osCommerce. Additionally, designed and produced graphics and layouts for websites.
Completed a bachelor of science degree in computer science with concentrations in geology and chemistry.
Distance learning courses to master fundamental art skills – completed half the program.